WHAT IS PRAYER?
- Prayer is a sacred communication between God and man.
- It is a reaching out seeking to get the attention of God almighty.
- Its purpose is to build a relationship with the almighty God and have a window of communication in heaven.
- Instructions on Praying
- Use not vain repitions
- Pray with humility
- Pray in faith
- Give God glory in your praying
- Always pray with a forgiving heart
- Matthew 6 verses 9 —- 13.
- Mark 11 verse 25.
Why we pray
- Relationship –(connection, spiritual)
- Intimacy -(personal)
- Hear from God
- Greater fellowship
- Giving thanks, great honor for who he is.
An effective prayer
“Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”. James 5 verse 16.