THE BLOOD OF LAMBS
Exodus 12, verses 1……3, 7, 22…23.
Hebrews 10, verses 1…..5.
The blood of goats, lamb and such did not take away sin.
The sacrifice had to be done each year.
The Lamb of God
John the Baptist saw someone coming towards him one day on the banks of the river Jordan.
He had earlier testified about this man, “but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose”, Luke 3, verse 16.
When he saw him, he said the following:
“Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world”, John 1, verse 29.
“And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins”, Matthew 1, verse 21.
THE RELATIONSHIP OF THE BLOOD, WATER…
1John 5, verse 6, 7, 8.
The word “agree” from the Greek means purpose, the water and the blood was set to achieve the same purpose.
Hebrews 9, verse 22.
Matthew 26 verse 28. > The blood of the new Testament.
The apostle Peter said we were not redeemed with corruptible things such as silver and gold. “But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot”, 1Peter chapter 1 verse 19.
“Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood”, Revelation chapter 1 verse 5.
- “Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost have made you overseers, to feed the church of God which he hath purchased with his own blood”, Acts chapter 20, verse 28.
- 1John 5, verse 6. “This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not bywateronly, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
- The water became an avenue for us to access the blood of Jesus Christ, through faith.
- Baptism does save us, and this is fundamentally sound doctrine.
- Mark 16, verse 16.
- 1Peter 3, verse 21.
- Acts 2, verse 38.
- The water completes the purpose of the blood.