WHAT IS THIS LOVE?
- The scripture tells us that God is Love. (1John 4 vs 8).
- He loved us first. (1John 4 vs 19).
- The Lord Jesus commanded us to love one another. (John 15 vs 12).
- Remember the first commandment. (Mark 12 vs 29).
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul,
and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark chapter 12 verses 30, 31.
ATTRIBUTES OF LOVE.
We know that love is kind. It is gentle, so anyone behaving in such a manner will show gentleness. People that has love will be merciful, compassion and very respectful.
WHAT LOVE IS NOT.
- Envy not (not envious).
- Vaunt not—-To boast, brag, to speak vain glory.
- Unseemly—- Not respectful, improper speech and conduct, no standard.
- Lacking in endurance.
Let us exercise the true attributes of love so we can stand before the Lord with a pure heart and full of love.
Please read 1Corinthians 13, the love chapter.