- The word church is the English translation from the Greek word ekklesia, which means assembly or gathering of God’s people.
- The most distinguishing feature, or the most powerful attribute of the new Testament church is God’s spirit, the Holy Ghost.
- If we were to look at Genesis chapter 1 verses 1 …. 3. (we have the same Spirit).
“One God and Father”
- Ephesians 4 and verse 6 says, “One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
- The power of the Holy Ghost has fulfilled God’s promise to the church, that the gates of hell shall not Prevail against it.
- The church has power, the saints have power. The power is by the Holy Spirit.
ATTRIBUTE of the HOLY GHOST
- POWER > “But you shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you“. Acts chapter 1 vs: 8.
- Seals the believer > “in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise”. Ephesians 1 vs: 13
- Sanctifies the believer > 1Peter 1 vs: 2. 2Thessalonians 2 vs. 13.
Spirit of Adoption
- For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8 vs: 15.
- Verse 16 > The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
- Places you in the body of Christ > For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1Corinthians 12 vs: 13.
The Comforter (Holy Ghost).
- Beareth Witness > The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Romans 8 vs: 16.
- Spirit of Truth > John 14 vs: 17. John 15 vs: 26. 1John 4 vs: 6.
- Earnest deposit > Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.